Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update: This Blog

For those of you who have been following this blog you may have noticed that I've been posting less and less over the past few months. This is not due to my lack of interest in this blog, but more that I've just been really busy (you can imagine as one plans to move their life to another country).

Anyways, after I land in Israel next week I will be starting a new blog, dedicated exclusively with life in the Land of Israel.

Don't worry, Trying to Fix the World will still be around, and I will even be posting all of the posts in the new blog to this one as well. This blog will turn more into my rant blog (big surprise there, as that was it's purpose to begin with), as well as other things that I feel like writting about (you may have noticed some tech related things) and the new blog will be (objective!) about my life in Israel.

It will not include political issues, it will deal purely with my day to day life.

I want to do this for a few reasons

1) I want to be able to document my first few years (and beyond)
2) I want to create a non-threatening forum so that people from across the political, religious, and cultural spectrum will be able to appreciate what life in Israel is really like
3) I want to do what ever I can to encourage Jews in America to, at the very least, appreciate Aliyah (and at the most, come to Israel themselves)

The first post will go up sometime next week, I will be writing on the plane and whenever I get a chance after I land.

No comments: