Monday, October 22, 2007

An Aliyah Update

So the first step of paperwork is done (only 21,000,000 more to go) I got my birth certificate off to California last week for an apostille (HOW COME NONE OF THE SPELL CHECKERS HAVE THAT WORD IN THEIR DICTIONARY?!!). I should get it back sometime next week, then I can send my info to the Israeli Embassy in Washington, along with a letter from my high schooling saying that I actually was in high school instead of trafficking drugs somewhere over the Mexican border, letter from the Rabbi, and a few other things that I don't remember off the top of my head, but don't worry, everything is under control (AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!).

So after I get these documents in order I get my Israeli passport (yaaaaay), and can get my Aliyah file moving, contact Nefesh B' Nefesh, and look forward to that July 15th flight.

Now you're probably wondering why I have to get my Israeli passport before I make Aliyah. Well you're going to have to wait for the answer to that question in a different post.

No comments: