Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We DO Have A Right to Exist!

I had another experience yesterday of talking with a Christian about Israel. Just a girl that I got into a conversation with after my math class, and we were discussing our future plans. I, as I do in most of my conversations, mentioned that I’m moving to Israel.

Her response was typical, first “Isn’t it dangerous?” Which my reply was that our hometown is far more dangerous then anywhere in Israel, and in fact, when I was in Israel I was scared for my friends and family back in America. Well that’s not true, there are some places that are more dangerous in Israel, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable walking at night where I currently live, I have no problem walking the streets of Jerusalem at night. Maybe not Ramallah, but Jerusalem, no problem.

Her next question was why I wanted to move to Israel. Well, this is the point I know that they are on my side, because some leftist at this point will tell me how I’m wrong, and that it really is dangerous and that I can’t make any money, and how I’m causing the Palestinian problem, blah, blah, blah.
So I answered, that Israel is the place for all of the worlds Jews, and how I want to develop the land and how Israel is vital for the world’s continuing freedom, not just the Jews.
This has been at least the eighth time in my conversations with Christians that, at this point they cock their heads and say, “Hey that makes sense, why aren’t all of the worlds Jews moving to Israel?”
Why do the Christians get it and the Jews don’t!?

I was listening to A Light Unto the Nations on Israel National Radio, and their guest this week (actually in July as this week was a repeat show) was Pastor John Hagee, a pastor for the Cornerstone Church in San Antonio. I gotta tell you, how inspiring it was to listen to this Pastor talk about Israel and the Jews. He had an intense love for Zionism and Israel, and his mission, along with his church is to help the Jews of Israel, without any political or religious (IE missionizing) agendas.
Jeremy, one of the show’s hosts, brought up an interesting point, that, we, as Jews, sometimes are confused about the world. We have been persecuted for the past 2000 years and the only thing we know how to do is to try to please the world’s nations, not realizing that we, in fact, do have a right to exist, it’s almost like we think we need their permission to exist!
At the time the show had originally aired, we were right in the middle of this past summer’s war, and an interesting was said, that, during the war, the Leftists, when asked why they were shooting at us, admitted, like it was obvious, that ‘they hate us, and want to kill us,’ simple as that. But we see now that the Arabs have stopped firing we’re still trying to get them to talk peace with us.
Secular Jewish Leader: “Please can we have peace with you?”
Arab Leader: “Sure, if you give up the West Bank and Jerusalem, then slowly but surly, the rest of you country, until we can wipe you from the face of the earth.”
Secular Jewish Leader: “Sure, anything if we can only have peace. But could you please do one other small thing? Could you please tell us that we have a right to exist?”
Arab Leader: “I’ll have to think about that one. OK I’ve decided. Our goal is to drive you into the sea, so we will accept your right to exist for as long as you can hold your breath under water.”
Secular Jewish Leader: “Thank you so much!”

We need to stop worrying what the world nations think of us and we need to start doing what WE NEED TO DO, to finally have a victory, a real victory. Not one that pushes the Arabs away temporarily, but one that eliminates the terrorist threat.
As Pastor Hagee says, we can’t live in a world where good and evil live together side by side peacefully, we need to live in a world where good triumphs over evil. The hard part is that evil, unlike in the movies where it’s always dark and scary, nowadays camouflages itself so we think it is good. But if we are uneducated about the dangers we all face, then I’m afraid for the world of tomorrow.

No comments: