Sunday, September 2, 2007

NPR part 2

I sent the following email to NPR:

Dear NPR:

I emailed you a few weeks ago regarding your coverage of the West Bank in Israel. I wanted to know why I never hear Jewish residents of the area being interviewed to give their view on the situation. I received a response that said that my email had been sent to NPR’s Corporate Communications Division.

Now maybe I only feel that the coverage of the West Bank is one sided is due to my deep emotional connection to that land, and it makes me quite angry to hear a leading new source in America and the World treat the Jews who live there as if they’re second class people. Referring to them as “settlers,” and the land they live in as “occupied.”

I won’t go into a long bantering about the history of the area, mostly due to the fact that I don’t want to be up all night writing this, but if I didn’t know better, I would say that your staff is scared to interview the Jews who live in the West Bank.

While there may be what some might call “fanatics,” the vast majority of them are normal, fun people to be around.

So I challenge you to get a resident of Beit El, Hebron, Tekoa, Gush Etzion, on one of your programs (maybe to debate a Palestinian Arab, that would be a good show) and let them give their views on why that land is so important to them. They’re not doing it because they want to steal land from the Arabs, (in most cases the land is actually legally bought), but if you want to find out the real reason for these so called “settlers,” have created communities in the Disputed Areas, simply interview one.

I challenge you.


I'll see what kind of response I get.

No comments: