Sunday, July 1, 2007

I wish we could Stop War-All the Way

I saw this sign while driving home today, and it got me thinking about this issue. I wrote a few months ago regarding this issue when we had a debate in English class about if violence is ever necessary or if it's never necessary.
I wish it wasn't. I wish that every country in the world would be able to dismantle it's military because there would be no need for them.
Unfortunately it still is necessary. My dad has this vision that the IDF will one day become irrelevant and that instead of 3 years of army service, the State of Israel required all boys when they reach the age of 18 to sit and learn for 3 years.
Because that's something that we all have to remember, G-d runs the world, and no matter how strong and great your military is, Hashem is the one who decides that outcome in all wars.

No comments: