Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Nefesh B'Nefesh's Secret. . .

I remember how last year I my big thing was trying to prove to the Christians how I was right and they were wrong about about G-d, the Torah, and the 'Messiah.' Now my big thing is fighting for Israel's right to exist from radical left-wingers. I'm worried that the next thing I'm going to face is actually going to be a Muslim.

But as I always said, I needed to be able to do 3 things when I left yeshiva.

1. I had to be able to defend the Torah from the Christians

2. I had to be able to defend Israel from the Muslims and the Left Wingers

3. and I had to be able to defend G-d from the Non-religious (or even religious!) Jews


Now that I've been back in America for a while I've realized that there is a fourth category:

4. I have to be able to convince the Jews of America to make Aliyah


One of the things that have really helped Nefesh B'Nefesh become so successful, has been that they are not approaching the Aliyah process from a religious or spiritual perspective. They've realized that the reason a comfortable Jew in America doesn't make Aliyah, is primarily for physical, not spiritual, reasons. So they have been basing their recruitment on more of a business field. In fact they had a representative of NBN on the Israel National Radio's Aliyah show a few weeks ago, who said that a happy customer will bring more customers.

This past summer, 50% of the olim who came on Aliyah, either had friends or relatives who had been on previous NBN flights. If you give the customer a satisfactory experience, they will tell everyone about it and encourage them to experience it themselves.


Because Israel really is the greatest place in the world


Am Chazak

No comments: