Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Battle. . .and DEFEAT of a Left Wing Wacko!

I had a very proud moment today. Last week we watched the 'let's promote killing Jews" movie Paradise Now. I had emailed my teacher with my (obvious) concerns about showing this movie to a room of ignorant students, how the viewpoint of this movie would cloud their judgement when it came to Israel and the Middle East.
Of course this has been the teacher that has been preaching tolerance, and acceptance of the Arabs the entire semester. What did I expect?

"Oh, your absolutely right, but you see I have an agenda to brainwash my students so when the Islamofacists take over America this country will be unprepared."

So I managed to convince her to at least have a discussion about this trash film after we watched it.

For her, this was a big mistake.

Anyway, she had given us a journal entry to write about this movie. I just ranted for two pages about how she was wrong and slammed a bunch of questions that Left-wingers can't answer down her throat. At this point I don't care about my grade, I know that no matter what I do she's going to grade me on her political bias, and because of the fact that I'm a Jew (and a proud Israel-living Jew at that).

At first she had restricted this 'discussion' to what people had written in their journals. I wouldn't have any of that, and she knew it, so I threw my first question at her.

Michael Moore made a claim in his movie Fahrenheit 9/11 that President Bush was sending the poor and uneducated to fight in his war. My teacher at one point in the semester had made a similar comment.
I asked her how she can attack Bush on this point but be able to not call the terrorists on it. There is a scene in Paradise Now (actually many) that show the 'head' terrorists having no sympathy whatsoever to the poor brainwashed individuals they're sending to die. Even so much as to eat their lunch's as the terrorist is making his farewell speech. The movie obviously toned down the violent nature of these terrorists, but for this arguments sake. . .

She didn't answer the question. She went on a rampage saying that America has villain-ized the Arabs in an attempt to make it OK to bomb their countries. She then threw in a good icing-on-the-cake comment and said that America drops some kind of powder that burns through it's victims skin and bone.
She was using a classic side-stepping debate technique. Instead of answering the question she continues the attack in the hope of pulling the audience onto her side.

I decided not to respond, and waited if anymore juicy opportunities would arise. It was a good thing I waited.

At one point someone asked her why there was a conflict between the Arabs and Israel at all. She said that it was a matter of land, how the Jews stole it, blah, blah, blah.
Then they asked who was on that land first, and she said the Palestinians.

Now she either was lying, or she's really been brainwashed. Either way I had to call her on it.

"Excuse me, but that's not true."

She turned to me and said that the Jews believe they have a biblical claim to that land, and this is there justification for throwing the 'poor Palestinians' from their land. (Personal attack at me)

Then the comment that started the downward fall of her credibility. My class is about 80% Christian so these words rang real deep with them.
"Everyone knows that the Bible is just a myth."

Not wanting to get into that argument I pointed out that there is both historical and archaeological evidence that the Jews lived there first.

She still thought she was in control so I explained how, right now, the Arabs are digging under the Temple Mount and excavating tons and tons of ruins that prove that this was the place where the Temple stood. That Jewish archaeologists are going into the land fills the Arabs are putting all of these ruins in, and finding all of this proof that this was the location of the Temple.

She said, "Well that's the Temple, it doesn't really count."
More credibility lost.

But the turning point in which she lost any chance of being able to convince that class of her twisted point, came at the end of the discussion.

When she was attempting to wrap this up, she said that if anyone wants to continue learning about this topic to come see her and she would 'educate' them and give them some books to read (probably propaganda books but. . .). Then she said that they could also talk to me because I knew a lot on the subject.

After her next comment you could have heard a pin drop at the stunned silence that hit the room.

"I think I know more then him, but that's because I'm older." (Personal attack against me)

Whatever thought of credibility she had was now gone. I almost felt like G-d himself had put those words into her mouth.

I heard the two guys in front of my whispering that out teacher was, and I quote, "A Nutcase"

But the clincher for my credibility came later when she realized that her comment had been completely uncalled for. Well! I did disprove every one of her points and how many of mine did she disprove? Uh. . . none!

"I want to apologize I don't think that just because I 'm older means that I know more than him."

So grabbing my chance I told her about a video I had seen on MEMRI last week of an Egyptian version of the Doctor Phil show, in which they were discribing, not whether you should do it or not, but exactly how you should beat your wife. I asked how she could support these Arabs that go against everything that she, a feminist, hold true to.
I definitely rattled her with this, and she gave some lame excuse how not all Arabs think this way. This was a nationally syndicated (or what ever they call it in Egypt) broadcast, and it was obvious that it was a very popular show in Egypt.

So the message is GET EDUCATED there's a reason that these Anti-Israel people are on College campuses, and it's not because they're stupid. Get the facts straight! That way you can roll these people out straight. A great resource is Myths and Facts, Google it!
Shalom.

No comments: