Thursday, August 9, 2007

National Palestinian Radio

I emailed the following to NPR:

Dear NPR: I would like to express my disgust in your lack of balanced reporting, that is being covered up by claiming that it is balanced. I listen to NPR frequently, and I have never, never heard any interviews by Jewish residents who live in the West Bank. Whenever a discussion turns to Israel or the West Bank, a Palestinian Arab is brought to give his views, while either a Jew who lives outside of the West Bank, or someone who doesnt even live in Israel! It is extremely unsettling to hear this voice of the Jewish residents of the West Bank completely silenced. Now I am human and am unable to listen to all of your shows regarding this topic, so it might be possible that I have missed any shows that you have done with Jewish West Bank residents. But proportionately, the only residents of
the West Bank the I hear on your programs are Arabs. I would like for you to put some serious thought into the future of your programming, regarding the future of the West Bank, and not only show one side of the issue. Thank You



This is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting NPR.

Audience feedback is an important part of our newsgathering process. Please know that your message is being reviewed by NPR News.

Given the sensitivity of your concerns, your thoughts have also been forwarded on to NPR's Corporate Communications division for additional review.


We'll see what response I receive from NPR's
Corporate Communications division. . .

No comments: